Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Heart and Sole by Miranda Liasson


Heart and Sole
by Miranda Liasson
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 14, 2015



Getting even.
One step at a time...

Maddie Kingston just walked away from everything in order to take over her family's struggling shoe business. And she's in some serious trouble. The majority of the company's shares have been bought out by none other than Maddie's ex-boyfriend, self-made billionaire Nick Holter. Now Maddie needs his help...even if it means buying Nick from a charity bachelor auction.

After the Kingstons destroyed his grandfather's career, Nick vowed to take over their company. He's inches from victory when he finds himself bought and paid for...by his sexy ex-girlfriend who's hell-bent on saving her family's company. Between their families' feud and their own unfinished business, tempers - and emotions - run hot. Too hot.

Because kissing with the enemy is a guaranteed shoe-in for trouble...



We played a game of This or That with Miranda...let's see what she had to say...

Heels or Flats?
(You do know you’re talking to a woman who writes in her sneakers all day long, right?) But honestly, what woman doesn’t feel that heels make you feel pretty and confident, help you express your style, and make you taller? My heroine Maddie would definitely agree!

Here are a few quotes that seem to echo this—see if you agree:
“You put heels on and you change.” –Manolo Blahnik.
“The higher the better. It’s more about an attitude. High heels empower women in a way.” –Christian Louboutin
“When I wear high heels I have a great vocabulary and I speak in paragraphs. I’m more eloquent. I plan to wear them more often.” –Meg Ryan
Black or colors?
I started to wear a lot of black when my kids were small and I had to throw clothes on quickly. There’s something sheik and comforting to me about wearing black.

Neutral décor or colors?
On the other hand, my house is all about color. Probably because I live in the fifth cloudiest city in the U. S.!

Dogs or Cats?
Both. My dog for when I need unconditional love 24-7 and my cat when I want to be mostly left alone (except for when she sits on my keyboard☺)

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee all the way. But in a strange twist, I have migraines and can’t have caffeine! So I drink Starbucks decaf and fantasize about the caffeine high! (Tragic, because there is nothing as good as that start-your-day-off-caffeine boost.)

Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Coke with lots of ice from McDonald’s drive through. Don’t ask me why, it’s just  so much better—colder, more bubbly, tastier!—than home.

M and M’s or Skittles?
For me, it’s all about the chocolate. Need I say more?

Airplane or Train?
Car. Like the autonomy and airplane travel is constant hassle.

Thor or Loki?
Two words—Chris Hemsworth.

Print or eBook?
Both. The books I love I buy in print because as an author I study them and it’s easier to do that with a hard copy.

Whenever I go away anywhere, I can never decide which books to bring! My e-reader has let me hoard all the books I want in one simple, thin package! Miraculous!

Summer or winter?
Summer all the way! I will never complain about heat!

Same vacation spot or different?
I love going to the same place over and over. Comforting, familiar, beautiful. Drives my hubby crazy.





Miranda Liasson loves to write stories about courageous but flawed characters who find love despite themselves, because there’s nothing like a great love story. And if there are a few laughs along the way, even better! She won the 2013 Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award for Series Romance for the book which became This Thing Called Love, out this spring from Montlake Publishing, and also writes contemporary romance for Entangled Publishing. She lives in the Midwest with her husband, three kids, and office mates Maggie, a yellow lab, and Posey, a rescue cat with attitude.

Miranda loves to hear from readers! Find her at mirandalisson.com, Facebook.com/MirandaLiassonAuthor or on Twitter @mirandaliasson.







2 comments: