Sunday, July 3, 2016

SUMMER BIANNUAL BIBLIOTHON 2016

(The Twitter tag is @BBibliothon! I got the spelling wrong when I was editing the graphic. :( )


Well, Hoarders, I'm participating in my first READATHON of the year! (and one of three this month!) The Biannual Bibliothon started at midnight this morning and goes until midnight on Saturday, July 9th. 


The Announcement Video:


The Reading Challenges:


The Video Challenges:



I will not be participating in the video challenges because while I love being behind a camera, being in front of one fills me with anxiety. But, I will be participating in the challenges and the reading sprints and other things on Twitter!

THE CHALLENGES:

1. Read The Group Book - The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

2. Free Choice/ Wild Card Book

I chose the first volume of the Kamisama Kiss manga series! I've seen and love the anime and so I really want to read the source manga!

3.Read a Book Off of the Host’s List of Recommendations

-Momo’s Choice - The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
-Selena’s Choice - Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
-Kelly’s Choice - Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
-Red’s Choice – Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
-Emma’s Choice - More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
-Meagan’s Choice - The Archived by Victoria Schwab
-Kassie’s Choice – Abarat by Clive Barker

4. Read a Book With Your Favorite Mythical Creature

For this, I chose Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This is the first book of their new WITCH series, a spinoff/sequel series of their Beautiful Creatures/Caster Chronicles series which I've already read. 

5. Read a Book You’ve Been Putting Off Picking Up

Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. The second book from the series!

6. Read a Book from an Author You’ve Never Read Before

Afterimage by J. Kowallis. This is actually a book I was sent to review here on the blog. That review (and my review for the sequel) should be up by the 20th of this month!

7. Read a Book in a Different Format than You Usually Read

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. I've been meaning to read this for awhile and because I already have it on audiobook from Audible.com, I've picked audiobook as the format.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I will be participating through my personal Twitter, so if you haven't followed me already please feel free! @SerenShadow

Let me know in the comments if YOU plan to participate! :) 

@BBibliothon

No comments:

Post a Comment