Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REVIEW TOUR ~ Deviant and Redemption by Jamie Roberts + Review






DEVIANT

***Warning: Contains strong language, violence and scenes of an explicit nature***

Most fairy tales end with a happily ever after.

This is not a fairy tale. He is not her Prince Charming about to whisk her away into the sunset. This is a story about betrayal, lust, desire and, ultimately, revenge...

And revenge can only lead to one thing.

Tyler

He was my stranger, my visitor, my shadow in the corner of my room. He stalked me, watched me, knew everything about me. But all I could do was sit and wait. I waited for him to visit me night after night. He was becoming my addiction, my craving, my obsession. He knew every inch of me, but I knew nothing about him.

His calls himself Lotus and, as crazy as it sounds, I think I’m falling in love.

Dean

I wanted to take her, possess her, dominate her, and ruin her. I wanted to ravish her, please her, and consume her until I couldn’t take much more of her.

She will want me to kiss her. She will want me to hold her all night so that she feels a connection with me. I would make it so that she would seek me out in the dark. The one that satisfies her ultimate fantasy. A stranger who sneaks into her room. Someone who gives her the ultimate pleasure, but also seeks to give her ultimate pain. Pain she has never had to endure. Pain that will eat away at her until there is nothing left.

She was my nemesis, I was her lotus. And payback was a bitch.










How could anyone move on from a betrayal so devastating, it cut down to the bone and rooted itself deep within? You could never forgive such heartache…

Or could you?

From the moment Tyler was six, she fell in love with that cocky eight-year-old boy with the black spiky hair, captivating blues eyes, and scruffy uniform. From the moment he punched a boy for hurting her, Tyler knew there was no going back. They were always meant to be together...

Always.

Then everything changed. The stage was set like a tragic Shakespearean play, and Tyler’s and Dean’s world—as they knew it—had ended.

Or had it?

Tyler

My name was Jessica now. I faked my own death, changed my identity, and moved thousands of miles across the ocean just to escape the one man I would never get out of my heart. I had a four-year-old son I adored more than anything in the world. On one fateful, horrific night, the life I knew disappeared in the blink of an eye. I left people behind. People I cared about. People I would never forget. People I loved.

But had I truly moved on?

No one said leaving behind the one man you had loved since you were six would be easy. I lived life day-to-day. I even met a man and tried to settle down. Evan was a man any woman would desire. So why could I not love him the way he obviously loved me? Why couldn’t I move past the dark-haired, blue-eyed boy who consumed my every thought? I may have left him, but he had never truly left me.

I could never love another man. Dean made sure of that the day he breezed into my life. I was only half a woman now. I had been broken and bruised by the one man I thought I could always love and trust. How could I let go of something like that? I suppose I just had to. I was just getting by with each day that passed. I was coping. I was managing, and that was keeping me from falling apart.

But then disaster struck again. And it was on that day…

Everything changed.

Dean

You can’t hide forever, Tyler. I will always be hunting you, always be searching, and will never give up. If there was ever one certainty in your life, it was that. You slipped through my fingers, not once but twice. You took my heart with you when you left me that day. No amount of alcohol, women, or punching bags would block you from my mind. You couldn’t be dead. I wouldn’t allow you to be dead. You’re out there somewhere. I must congratulate you that you had evaded me for this long. You always were a smart girl. How could I not have fallen in love with you? You did escape me this time, but I will find you, Tyler. I promise you that. And when that day comes…

I will finally make you MINE.







AUTHOR BIO 
Jaimie Roberts was born in London, but moved to Gibraltar in 2001. She is married with two sons, and in her spare time, she writes.
In June 2013, Jaimie published her first book, Take a Breath, with the second released in November 2013. With the reviews, Jaimie took time out to read and learn how to become a better writer. She gets tremendous enjoyment out of writing, and even more so from the feedback she receives.
  


If you would like to send Jaimie a message, please do so by visiting her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJaimieRoberts
TWITTER
         AMAZON

         http://www.amazon.com/Jaimie-Roberts/e/B00DDQFHJ2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1





I am going to review both books in one.  I will have to say that the series is differ from some others. 

The first book Deviant is full of twists and turns and has you gripped till the end.  Tyler is a good girl, but has a mystery man that sneaks into her apartment.  Dean, poor Dean, is completely mixed up due to some tragic event that happened in his past and now all he wants is revenge.   The story gets dark and strange but you learn about the characters from when they are children. These two had feelings for each other and that all changed when the event happen.  Who is the mystery man that breaks into Tyler’s home? Can they find love again?

Redemption is the second book by Jaimie Roberts in the Deviant series. This is a huge rollercoaster ride and answers some lingering questions from Deviant.  This book takes place four years later.  Tyler has moved on and is now a teacher. She has tried not to let Dean find her or Jeremy.  Dean has been searching got Tyler for 4 years.  Will he find her? What will he do when he finds out about Jeremy?

I enjoyed the books…there were a few things that I was unsure about then but it all came together and questions had been answered.  

Reviews by Kellie

2 comments: