Friday, January 20, 2017

Recommendation Thursday, Jan 20, 2017




I am recommending:
Emma Watson's Feminist Bookclub, Our Shared Shelf.

Emma and her staff pick terrific and meaningful feminist-themed novels, some well-known, some more obscure. Each book is read and discussed over the course of two months, discussions raised are about feminism and it's role in society, but also society in general... gender roles, LGBTQ topics, sexual assault, politics, and anything you could probably think of. 

There is also the occasional giveaway!

Emma's book club is over on Goodreads, I really recommend AT LEAST checking it out! :) 

Goodreads Group Link:

Note from Emma in the group:

Dear Readers, 

As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too. 

The plan is to select and read a book every month, then discuss the work during the month’s last week (to give everyone time to read it!). I will post some questions/quotes to get things started, but I would love for this to grow into an open discussion with and between you all. Whenever possible I hope to have the author, or another prominent voice on the subject, join the conversation.

If you fancy it, please join up and participate. Everyone is welcome. I would be honoured!

Emma x




Kristie is recommending two blogish pages... 


&

Book Treasures Between Wallabies And Palm Trees - https://www.facebook.com/BookTreasuresBetweenWallabiesAndPalmTrees/




No comments:

Post a Comment