Sunday, February 5, 2017

Intergalactic Book Tag! ~ Lisa


1. Space: Name a book that is out of this world - takes place in a world other than our own.

Eon & Eona Duology
by Alison Goodman
Eon/Eona takes place in a fantasy world inspired by Asian culture. It's a GREAT read... Eona is one of my most re-read books... I find myself picking it back up all the time! I HIGHLY recommend!


2. Black Hole: Name a book that completely sucked you in.

The Mediator Series
by Meg Cabot
A badass 16-year-old who can see ghosts... and falls in love with one! Another I HIGHLY recommend! If you've ever read anything by Meg Cabot, you know that she has the ability to write YA in a realistic and comedic way... despite some terrible themes and events, this series always gets me giggling!


3. Light Speed: Name a book that you are anticipating so much you wish you could travel at light-speed to get to it.

The upcoming Tamora Pierce books... specifically, the next Tris book in the Emelan Universe! 

AND the Numair prequel series!... Numair being one of the main characters in the Immortals series set in the Tortall Universe books...

*covers not yet available. :( :( :( 

If you haven't read Tamora Pierce, and you like YA high fantasy with knights, magic, mages, and magical creatures, I HIGHLY recommend reading Tamora Pierce!

If you prefer more mature YA, I recommend starting with the Tortall Universe:


If you prefer YA that's slightly more middle grade (but not really, there are very mature and adult subjects in this series as well, it just centers around slightly younger characters, at least in the beginning... it does get more mature as they age), then I'd recommend the Emelan Universe:



4. Nebula: Name a book with a beautiful cover.

Shadows of the Forest
by Emma Michaels
I mean... LOOK at this GORGEOUS cover!


5. Multiverse: Name a companion/spinoff you love.

The Infernal Devices series
by Cassandra Clare
The ID series is both a prequel and a spinoff series of the more commonly known series, Mortal Instruments. This is a tad controversial, but I actually enjoy the ID series more. It's shorter and more to the point... it doesn't feel repetitive, and I connected with Tess, Will, and Jem more than I did with Clary, Jace, and Simon. Not that I don't love them and the MI books, I just enjoyed ID more. :)


6. Gravity: Name a romantic pairing who seem to have a gravitational pull to one another.

Bella & Edward from the Twilight Saga
by Stephenie Meyer
Not only do they have a gravitational pull towards one another, I have a pull towards them... I love reading Twilight fanfiction with this pairing... in fact, it's pretty much all I read for a good 3 or 4 years. lol


7. The Big Bang: Name a book that sparked your love to read.

Ballet for Drina (Drina #1)
by Jean Estoril
I read Ballet for Drina for a book report in Jr High and it was the first time that I found that I could actually ENJOY the reading experience. It was a small spark that quickly grew when I started reading for pleasure.


8. Asteroid: Name a short story or novella that you love.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard
by J.K. Rowling
This small collection of short stories is a MUST for any Harry Potter lover!
My personal favorite was The Tale of the Three Brothers, which is used in Deathly Hallows... but all five stories are fantastic!


9. Galaxy: Name a book with multiple POVs.

Firebirds Rising: An Anthology of Original Science Fiction and Fantasy (Firebirds #2)
This anthology is amazing... full of wonderful scifi and fantasy short stories!


10. Spaceship: Name a title that would be a great spaceship name.

Hawksong (The Kiesha'ra #1)
by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes 
There's something about "Hawksong" that just... sounds amazing. I think it would make a really pretty and memorable spaceship name!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Welp, there's my picks for this tag! I didn't mean for all of them to be YA... but that generally is what I read most. Maybe I'll do an adult edition next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment