Monday, August 3, 2015

Lisa's Booktubeathon TBR!



I'm moving the BOOKTUBEATHON rules around a bit so I can read the series in order. 

Day 1: Read The Last Book You Acquired

I'm cheating on this one... The last book I got was actually The Underground Girls of Kabul: In Search of a Hidden Resistance in Afghanistan by Jenny Nordberg... but I've switched to an also recently acquired book that I received to read and review here on the blog. I'm over half way through and I just really wanted to get it read. And that is The Hierarchy of Needs by Rebecca Grace Allen. 

Day 2: Read Someone Else's Favorite Book

For this I chose my Aunt's Favorite book: The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. She lent me this book a couple months ago, highly recommending it. SO I thought I'd take the opportunity to read it for this readathon. 

Day 3: Read A Book You Really Want To Read

This book has been on my TBR for AGES! I've re-read the first book so many times I practically have it memorized, but I have yet to read this sequel... The Slayers of Dragonhome by John Peel. The first book The Secret of Dragonhome is one of my all time favorite magical fantasy reads and I'm super excited to FINALLY make time for the sequel! 

Day 4: Read A Book By An Author With Your Last Initial

So, the first three books are on the long side, so I thought I'd pick shorter books for the last four books just because I know that a couple of these are going to take more than one day for me to read. My 4 - 7 books are super, super short books that I'll probably be able to finish within a few hours, they are also a series in 6 parts. My Day 4 book is the first part of the series... An Eye for an Eye: The Doll (Blackstone Chronicles, #1) by John Saul. 

Day 5: Read A Book Without Putting It Down

Twist of Fate: The Locket (The Blackstone Chronicles, #2) by John Saul. As I said these are super short books so I'll probably be able to read one, if not all of them, in one sitting. 

Day 6: Read 7 Books

I know this is the 6th challenge, but as I said I kinda had to re-arrange the challenges so that I could read the Blackstone series in the right order. For the 6th challenge I will be reading Ashes to Ashes: The Dragon's Flame (Blackstone Chronicles, #3) by John Saul. 

Day 7: Read A Book That Has Blue On The Cover

And the last book I will be reading is the 4th part of the 6 part series: In the Shadow of Evil: The Handkerchief (Blackstone Chronicles, #4) by John Saul 


If you would like to join in on the Readathon fun, you can check out my post on the rules and challenges here:

No comments:

Post a Comment